Frequently Ask Questions
- Copayments are due at the time of the office visit. All outstanding balances will accrue interest until paid in full. Payments are due within 30 days of the statement date in order to avoid interest charges.
- If we do not receive payment from your insurance company within 60 days of the date of service, the outstanding balance will automatically become patient responsibility. All outstanding balances will accrue interest until paid in full.
- If payment is not received on an outstanding account for longer than 60 days the patient will be notified in the mail. The patient will then have the option to set up a payment plan with the office or pay the amount due in full. If no response is given to the letter, the patient will risk being sent to a collections agency and may be denied service until the outstanding balance is paid. If a patient sets up a payment plan with the office they will remain in good standing and will not be denied service, despite any outstanding balances.
- Peak flow meters and spacers may be handed out to patients in the office. Often the patient’s insurance does not cover the expense of the meter or spacer and thus the charge will become patient liability. The current charge for a peak flow meter is $9.00 and for a spacer is $9.40.
- Cancellation policy: All patients who fail to show for their scheduled appointment, or who fail to reschedule at least 24 hours in advance will be charged a $25.00 fee. This fee will be charged directly to the patient and the patient will be held responsible.
Pulmonary Associates of Iowa City·
540 E. Jefferson St, Suite 202 ·
Iowa City, IA 52245 ·
office (319) 887-2873; (fax) 319-887-2870